The Commission serves as an advisory and support group for the Town of Parker Cultural Department. The Commission’s mission is to foster, implement and participate in providing opportunities for the cultural and scientific experiences for the community of Parker. Members also advise on cultural planning for the Town and make recommendations regarding cultural and scientific issues relevant to Parker citizens. Members are appointed by Town Council and serve for a period of one or two years.
- Diane Roth – Commission Chair; Chair, Honey Stop (formerly Honey Festival)
- Mike Edwards – Commission Vice Chair; Chair, Parker Arts Lecture Series Committee
- Judy Bazile – Chair, Historical Committee
- Annie Day
- Lisa Hinz
- Janine Flores Jackson – Chair, Art in Public Places
- Lance Martin – Chair, Finance Committee; Chair, Programming Committee
- Terri Tilliss
- Alexis Watts – Chair, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
The Commission meets at the PACE Center, 20000 Pikes Peak Avenue, 6:30- 8:30 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, July, September and November. Agendas are posted at Town Hall approximately one week prior to each meetings.
Click here for brief bios of the current Commissioners.
Click here to read about the mission of each Cultural Commission committee.
Click here for the Cultural Department 2019 – 2023 Strategic Plan.
Click here for the latest meeting minutes.
Programs Supported by the Commission
Commissioners provide valuable volunteer support for the following Parker Arts programs:
- Parker Arts Free Lecture Series
- Art in Public Places
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Honey Stop (formerly Honey Festival)
- Parker Quest
- Science Day – NEW in 2021!