The Commission serves as an advisory and support group for the Town of Parker Cultural Department. The Commission’s mission is to foster, implement and participate in providing opportunities for the cultural and scientific experiences for the community of Parker. Members also advise on cultural planning for the Town and make recommendations regarding cultural and scientific issues relevant to Parker citizens. Members are appointed by Town Council and serve for a period of one or two years.
- Diane Roth – Cultural & Scientific Commission Chair, Honey Stop Chair, Parker Quest Committee Member
- Mike Edwards – Vice Chair, Parker Arts Lecture Series Committee Chair, Science Committee Member
- Judy Bazile – Historical Committee Chair and Parker Quest Committee Member
- Annie Day – Parker Quest Committee and Honey Stop Committee Member
- Lisa Hinz – Programming Committee Co-Chair
- Janine Flores Jackson – Art in Public Places Committee Chair
- Lance Martin – Programming Committee Co-Chair
- Terri Tilliss – Parker Arts Lecture Series Committee and Science Committee Member
- Phil Kramer – Art in Public Places Committee Member
- Tom O’Malley – Science Committee
The Commission meets at the PACE Center, 20000 Pikes Peak Avenue, 6:30- 8:30 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, July, September and November. Agendas are posted at Town Hall approximately one week prior to each meetings.
Latest Meeting Minutes
Programs Supported by the Commission
Commissioners provide valuable volunteer support for the following Parker Arts programs:
- Parker Arts Free Lecture Series
- Art in Public Places
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Honey Stop (formerly Honey Festival)
- Parker Quest
- Science Day – NEW in 2021!