A Message from Parker Arts Education
Parker Arts fall enrichment is now open for registration with limited capacity. The Participant Waiver and Release is included within the online registration process.
In order to run camps and classes during this unprecedented time, Parker Arts and contracted enrichment providers have set into place new practices to conduct in-person learning and hands-on activities while continuing to keep all participants safe and help prevent the spread of COVID19.
Camp and Class Safety Guidelines:
- Limited enrollment;
- Staff, instructors and students will be screened for symptoms upon arrival to ensure they are symptom-free. Social distancing practices inside the classroom (one student per table);
- Consistent grouping of students and instructors to limit exposure;
- Eating snack inside classroom;
- Eating lunch outdoors with sufficient social distancing;
- Ensure adequate supplies to minimize sharing of high touch materials, limit use to one student or one group where possible, and clean materials between uses;
- Adhere to scheduled hand sanitizing breaks inside classroom;
- Complete classroom disinfection;
- Require staff, instructors, and students to stay home if someone they have come in contact with or are known to have the 2019 Coronavirus, or if they have the onset of cold/flu symptoms or respiratory symptoms; and
- Require staff, instructors, and students to wear masks or face coverings whenever possible.
- Note, PACE Center Parent Lounge is closed and gathering in the lobby is prohibited.
Summer Camp Only Safety Procedures:
- Daily temperatures must be taken of students at home prior to attending camp/class;
- Entry and Exit will be through the exterior classroom door and not through the lobby of the PACE Center;
- Exterior doors will be propped open at the start and end of each camp/class;
- Family groups will be guided to line up (socially distanced) at stanchions leading to the exterior classroom door of their camp/class;
- Instructors will sign each student in and out on the roster (No passing of documents or pens will be permitted.);
- Only students will enter the classroom (Parents/guardians are not permitted inside.);
- Students will immediately wash their hands at the sink prior to taking a seat; and will abide by a hand-washing schedule between activities, and at least once per hour;
- Students will be instructed to keep their selected seat throughout the duration of the camp/camp;
- Students should come with minimal belongings; limited to a water-bottle and peanut-fee snack (or peanut free lunch if staying for both morning and afternoon and doing Lunch Bunch). Items will be placed in a cubby when possible or under their assigned seat; and
- Students must wear masks or face coverings whenever possible.
- Parker Arts will comply with new State Order Guidelines for Day Camps as they become available which include:
- Screen students for symptoms to ensure they are symptom-free before they are deemed able to attend.
- Send home students with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other communicable illness.
- Educate students about COVID-19 and the related protocols, and address their fears and questions.
- Establish protocols for campers to self-report symptoms to staff, volunteers or health care staff.
- Students, to the extent possible, should be kept in stable groups with the same staff and instructors and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet during.
- Require hand-washing upon arrival, before eating, and at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Require masks or face coverings whenever possible.
Regarding refunds, our policy is: patron cancellation requests for camps must be made five business days prior to the scheduled start of a camp and will incur a $10 processing fee; cancellation requests for classes must be made three business days prior to the scheduled start of class and will incur a $5 processing fee. If Parker Arts must cancel camps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), registered participants of canceled camps/classes will automatically receive a credit to their account, for future use when Town of Parker programs and facilities re-open. Credit can be used for any cultural class or camp, as well as recreation services including memberships, pool passes, recreation admission and class registrations for any family member. If your household is still in need of a refund, please understand that due to the high volume of financial requests, and our limited ability to process refunds by credit card, refunds by check is preferred. Credit card and check refunds may take up to four weeks to process.
We understand that there is uncertainly around where things will be this fall, but we encourage you to feel confident in registering with Parker Arts, as we will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as necessary. We will continue to work with our providers to take the utmost care and caution running enrichment programs for our community.
Parker Arts Education Staff
Recreation and Cultural Brochure
Given the rapidly changing environment due to COVID-19, and as we are considering cost-saving measures, we have decided to cancel the printing and mailing of the Summer and Fall 2020 Recreation and Cultural Activity Brochure. Please view current cultural classes at www.ParkerArts.org/Education.