Auditions & Class Performances
Missoula Children’s Theater – Snow Queen
Although set in a “land of colored ice,” this classic tale will warm your heart in its illustrative retelling by a group of fun-loving, imaginative hobgoblins. As they depict the journey of a young girl and her quest to find her best friend, you may just find yourself believing in malevolent mirrors, yetis, talking reindeer, and snow chickens! Blizzards can come at any moment, so strap on some snowshoes and get ready to discover what it takes to overcome chilling obstacles, keep resilience alive, and melt down the Snow Queen’s icy wall. Tickets for the performances are $7 and can be purchased online at www.parkerarts.org starting Jan. 14.
Location: The Schoolhouse
Auditions: M, Jan. 14, 4:30 p.m.
Rehearsals: T - F, Jan. 15 – 18, 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (depending on role)
Performances: S, Jan. 19, 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Fee: $80 R/$88 NR. If cast, register to class 14586 after auditions.
Download biographies of MCT Tour Team who will be visiting Parker.
Classic Acts – Oliver Twist
Classic Acts’ production of Oliver Twist is based on Charles Dickens’ revealing story of life in England in the mid-1800s. Oliver is a poor, orphaned boy, who tries to find his way in a class-conscious society which offers little help or respect for the poor. Along the way, he meets lots of memorable and colorful characters like the Artful Dodger, Charley Bates, Fagin, Bill Sikes, the Maylies, and Mr. Brownlow, the kind gentleman who changes Oliver’s life. Students can audition to be part of the cast or sign up to be part of the backstage crew. Don’t miss your chance to be involved in this classic production!
Instructor: Classic Acts
Location: The Schoolhouse
Fee: $100 R/$110 NR
If cast, register to class number 14423 after auditions
Tech Crew should register to class number 14424
Auditions: Tu, Apr. 2, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Rehearsals: Tu and Th, Apr. 4 – May 14, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Performances: F, May 17, 6:00 p.m. and Sa, May 18, 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Classic Acts Auditions:
- Actors must be 10-18
- Actors should arrive at 5:00 pm. Each person auditioning will fill out an audition form. Actors will audition in the order they signed up, unless someone has to leave early.
- No preparation is necessary. Actors will be given 1 or 2 pages of the script and a role, along with 2 to 6 other actors. The small group will briefly practice the pages given, and then perform them onstage for the Directors. (With script, not memorized). Occasionally actors are asked to switch roles or to read again after the first reading.
- We are also asking actors to prepare a 15 second A Capella song. Excellent singers are not necessary; the directors want to see your ability to blend with other singers and project your voice.
- After the auditions actors will play improv theater games while directors decide roles for the play.
- Roles are announced that evening, so it is preferable that all actors remain for the entire 2 hours of auditions. Please let the directors know if you have to leave early.