Auditions & Class Performances
Classic Acts – It's Tough Being The Prince
Prince Daring must find a hero job, but there aren't many damsels in distress, or many dragons to slay anymore either! He battles a
three-headed dragon and giant thorns to reach Sleeping Beauty and awaken her with a kiss! However, she is not pleased and refuses to
believe she's slept for 100 years or anything else! So he must slay another dragon and bring back its head before he can win her hand in
marriage. He seeks the most ferocious dragon around, Lavalips, only to find Lavalips is retired and just wants to have tea and make
friends. What's a Prince to do? You will love being a part of this play full of humor, stage combat, singing, and dancing. Don't miss it!
Instructor: Classic Acts
Location: The Schoolhouse
Fee: $100 R/$110 NR
Cast should register to class number 13550
Tech Crew should register to class number 13551
Audition: Tu, Sept. 4, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Rehearsals: Tu and Th, Sept. 6 – Oct. 25, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (no class 10/9 and 10/11)
Performances: F, Oct. 26, 6:00 p.m.; Sa, Oct. 27, 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.; and
W, June 12, 2019 (Cast must be prepared to remount the show for the PACE Center mainstage on June 12!)
Classic Acts Auditions:
- Actors must be 10-18
- Actors should arrive at 5:00pm. Each person auditioning will fill out an audition form. Actors will audition in the order they signed up, unless someone has to leave early.
- No preparation is necessary. Actors will be given 1 or 2 pages of the script and a role, along with 2 to 6 other actors. The small group will briefly practice the pages given, and then perform them onstage for the Directors. (With script, not memorized). Occasionally actors are asked to switch roles or to read again after the first reading.
- We are also asking actors to prepare a 15 to 30 second A Capella song. Excellent singers are not necessary; the directors want to see your ability to blend with other singers and project your voice.
- After the auditions actors will play improv theatre games while directors decide roles for the play.
- Roles are announced that evening, so it is preferable that all actors remain for the entire 2 hours of auditions. Please let the directors know if you have to leave early.