Auditions & Class Performances
Classic Acts – Peter Pan
Peter Pan, the story of the boy who refused to grow up! Join Peter and all his friends--Tinkerbell, Wendy, John, Michael, Tiger Lily, the Lost Boys, and his mortal enemy, the evil Captain Hook and his pirates in their amazing adventures in Neverland! This is the musical version with all your favorite songs. There will be parts for singers and non-singers, so if you believe in fairies, come audition and join the fun. Tickets for the performance are $8 and can be purchased online at www.ParkerArts.org.
Location: The Schoolhouse
Auditions: T, Jan. 10, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (no audition fee)
Rehearsals: T, Th, Jan. 12 – Feb. 23, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Performances: F, Feb. 24, 6:00 p.m. and Sa, Feb. 25, 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
8620 Cast Fee: $90 R/$99 NR
9016 Tech Crew Fee: $25
- Actors will complete an audition form when they arrive. They will be called to audition based on the order in which the completed forms are returned to the sign-up table.
- Actors will be given 1 or 2 pages of the script and a role to read. They will then practice for several minutes along with a small group of other auditioning actors. The group will then go on stage and read and act out those roles.
- In addition to the reading, actors will be asked to sing 10 to 30 seconds of a song of their choosing. Actors may sing a cappella (without music), or bring music on an ipod or disc. A boombox will be available.
- Actors will also be taught a short dance step to perform.
- If possible, we prefer actors to stay the full 2-hour audition period since roles are decided at the end of the auditions.
- No additional preparation is necessary.
Missoula Children’s Theater – Gulliver’s Travels
With his ship wrecked and his trusty computer JCN on the fritz, brave explorer Gulliver finds himself lost in space with nothing but an Invisible Force to guide him! While transporting from world to world, under the control of the Maniacal Scientist of Lapunta, Gulliver discovers fighting aliens, arrogant Horse Leaders of the foolish Yahoos, larger-than-life royalty, and robots – all who need just as much help from Gulliver as Gulliver needs from them! Join Missoula Children’s Theatre as this sci-fi spin of the timeless tale of Gulliver’s Travels will take you out-of-this world!
Tickets for the performance are $7 and can be purchased online at www.parkerarts.org starting May 9.
Location: The Schoolhouse
Auditions: M, May 8, 4:30 p.m.
Rehearsals: T - F, May 9 - 12, 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. depending on part
Performances: S, May 13, 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Fee: $55 R/$55 NR.
If cast, register to class 9145 after auditions.
In addition to the reading, each person will be asked to sing 10 to 30 seconds of a song of your choosing. You may sing a cappella (without music), or bring your music on an ipod or disc. We will have a boombox available to play your music.
You will also be taught a short dance step to see how you do with the choreography of the show.