Auditions & Class Performances
Classic Acts – Robin Hood: A Musical - Sort Of
Everyone knows the legend of heroic Robin Hood and his Band of Merry Men who infuriate Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham by robbing the rich to help the poor; however, you have never heard it like this! This Classic Acts production of Robin Hood is a musical (sort of) comedy (definitely) version of this tale with lots of fun. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this show!
Instructor: Classic Acts
Location: The Schoolhouse
Fee: $90 R/$99 NR
Cast should register to class number: 10818
Tech Crew should register to class number: 11113
Auditions: Tu, Mar. 13, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Rehearsals: Tu-Th, Mar. 15 – May 3, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (no class on 3/20 and 3/22)
Performances: F, May 4, 6:00 p.m. and Sa, May 5, 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Classic Acts Auditions:
- Actors must be 10-18
- Actors should arrive at 5:00pm. Each person auditioning will fill out an audition form. Actors will audition in the order they signed up, unless someone has to leave early.
- No preparation is necessary. Actors will be given 1 or 2 pages of the script and a role, along with 2 to 6 other actors. The small group will briefly practice the pages given, and then perform them onstage for the Directors. (With script, not memorized). Occasionally actors are asked to switch roles or to read again after the first reading.
- Because Robin Hood is a musical (sort of), we are also asking actors to prepare a 15 to 30 second A Capella song. Excellent singers are not necessary; the directors want to see your ability to blend with other singers and project your voice.
- After the auditions actors will play improv theatre games while directors decide roles for the play.
- Roles are announced that evening, so it is preferable that all actors remain for the entire 2 hours of auditions. Please let the directors know if you have to leave early.