Parker Arts School Break Camps
Summer Planning With Parker Arts
Parker Arts Summer Camps will open June 1 with limited capacity. In order to run camps during this unprecedented time, Parker Arts and contracted camp providers have set into place new practices to conduct in-person learning and hands-on activities while continuing to keep all participants safe and help prevent the spread of COVID19.
Camp Safety Guidelines:
- Limited enrollment (10 students, 1-2 instructors);
- Staff, instructors and campers will be screened for symptoms upon arrival to ensure they are symptom-free.
- Social distancing practices inside the classroom (one student per table);
- Consistent grouping of students and instructors to limit exposure;
- Eating snack inside classroom;
- Eating lunch outdoors with sufficient social distancing;
- Ensure adequate supplies to minimize sharing of high touch materials, limit use to one student or one group where possible, and clean materials between uses;
- Adhere to scheduled hand sanitizing breaks inside classroom;
- Follow schedule of classroom, restroom and lobby disinfection;
- Require staff, instructors, and campers to stay home if someone they have come in contact with has recently traveled, known to have the 2019 Coronavirus, or if they have the onset of cold/flu symptoms or respiratory symptoms; and
- Require staff, instructors, and campers to wear masks or face coverings whenever possible.
- Note, PACE Center Parent Lounge is closed.
Camper Safety Procedures:
- Daily temperatures must be taken of campers at home prior to attending camp;
- Entry and Exit will be through the exterior classroom door and not through the lobby of the PACE Center;
- Exterior doors will be propped open at the start and end of each camp;
- Family groups will be guided to line up (socially distanced) at stanchions leading to the exterior classroom door of their camp;
- Instructors will sign each camper in and out on the roster (No passing of documents or pens will be permitted.);
- Only campers will enter the classroom (Parents/guardians are not permitted inside.);
- Campers will immediately wash their hands at the sink prior to taking a seat; and will abide by a handwashing schedule between activities, and at least once per hour;
- Campers will be instructed to keep their selected seat throughout the duration of the camp;
- Campers should come with minimal belongings; limited to a water-bottle and peanut-fee snack (or peanut free lunch if staying for both morning and afternoon and doing Lunch Bunch). Items will be placed in a cubby when possible or under their assigned seat; and
- Campers must wear masks or face coverings whenever possible.
2020 Summer Recreation and Cultural Brochure
Given the rapidly changing environment due to COVID-19, and as we are considering cost-saving measures, we have decided to cancel the printing and mailing of the Summer 2020 Recreation and Cultural Activity Brochure and offer an online-only edition at here. The Summer Brochure includes May through August programs and events for both Parker Recreation and Parker Arts. Find additional program information and registration at www.ParkerRec.com and www.ParkerArts.org/education. We are looking forward to this summer and inviting the community back to our facilities, programs and events!
Summer Lunch Bunch *Full Day Option*
If your child is enrolled for both a morning camp (9:00am-12:00pm) and an afternoon camp (1:00pm-4:00pm) during the same week they are eligible to stay for Lunch Bunch (free supervised lunch hour from 12:00pm-1:00pm). Please call 303-805-3374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your child a spot in Lunch Bunch for any week(s) that they are enrolled in both a Parker Arts morning camp and a Parker Arts afternoon camp.
Child Emergency Contact Form
Participants are required to provide a completed Emergency Contact Form & Waiver and Minor Participant Waiver prior to the first day of camp. Please forward completed forms to PACE Education. Parents may access the Parker Arts Parent Handbook for questions regarding daily and emergency procedures, registrations, and staff contact information.
Camp Refund Policy
Patron cancellation and transfer requests must be made five business days prior to the scheduled start of a camp. There is a $10 processing for refunds. If Parker Arts must cancel camps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), registered participants of canceled camps/classes will automatically receive a credit to their account, for future use when Town of Parker programs and facilities re-open. Credit can be used for any cultural class or camp, as well as recreation services including memberships, pool passes, recreation admission and class registrations for any family member.
When there is inclement weather, cancellation of classes/camps will be determined by by 8:00 a.m. Closures will be posted on the Parker Arts website and the Parker Arts Weather Hotline at 303.805.3289. If permissible, make-up sessions will be scheduled for classes. Camps are not permissible for makeup days. Refunds will not be issued for partial or full class cancellations due to weather closures.
School Break Camps
Parker Arts offers enrichment camps during fall, winter, spring and summer school breaks in visual arts, performing arts, technical theater, science, robotics, music, dance, culinary, creative writing, and more!