CALL FOR ENTRY
PORTFOLIO DAY | Friday, February 3, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Portfolio Day is a professional development opportunity for high school art students interested in continuing their educational and professional career in visual arts. At Portfolio Day, students will have their portfolios reviewed by university art professors, working artists, and peers and will receive personalized constructive critiques on their artwork, portfolio presentation, and artist statement. College recruiters will be onsite for students to discover what art programs across the state have to offer. Prior to attending, participants will receive a Portfolio Day Prep video to help prepare portfolios and artist statements.
Monetary awards will be awarded by the Parker Artists Guild. Scholarships will be awarded by participating colleges and universities.
Students will exhibit artwork in the Portfolio Day’s Bright Futures Student Exhibit at the PACE Center Art Gallery from February 15 – March 23. Reception will be held March 23, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Benefits to participate in Portfolio Day include: gaining experience in building a professional portfolio to use for college admissions or career development; exhibit in a professional gallery at the PACE Center in Parker; have the opportunity to speak with professionals in the industry; and be awarded monetary prizes and scholarships.
Please contact Parker Arts Education at 303.805.3374 or via email at PACEedu@parkeronline.org to learn more.
Portfolio Day Registration
Call for Entry Deadline:
December 15, 2022 DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 22. Email PACEedu@parkeronline.org to confirm participation before winter break!
Fee: $10 (Lunch is included.)
To Enter: Students may enter as an individual and should complete registration online. Students should include medium of interest, school, and $10 payment during registration. Register here as an individual art student.
Teachers may enter up to five students and should complete the School/Student Participation Form. For payment, call 303.805.3374 or email Parker Arts Education.
Complete an online School/Student Participation Form OR Download School/Student Participation Form.
Portfolio Day Prep Video
Download Video of Portfolio Day Prep
Download PDF of Portfolio Day Prep
Download Power Point of Portfolio Day Prep with Notes
Portfolio Day Preparation
- Download the 2023 Portfolio Day Call for Entry Flyer.
- Complete the Student Participation (PDF) Form and submit to PACEedu@parkeronline.org or complete an Online Student Participation Form.
- Teachers may volunteer at Portfolio Day. Please email your interest to PACEedu@parkeronline.org.
- Download Student Action Items.
- Register online or ensure your teacher has included you on the School’s Student Participation Form.
- Complete Parent Waiver to participate in Portfolio Day which is during a school day at the PACE Center in Parker. (Coming soon.)
- Watch the Portfolio Day Prep video.
- Prepare your portfolio. (Upload images, include title, medium, dimensions, and price to Googleslides.)
- Prepare your Artist Statement. (Download template and upload artist statement to Googleslides.)
- Attend Portfolio Day on February 3, from 8:30 a.m. – Noon.
- Participate in peer reviews for each student in your breakout review room.
- Select and deliver gallery-ready artwork for the Bright Futures Student Exhibit.
- Attend reception and take home artwork.
Portfolio Day Schedule
Friday, February 3, 2023 at PACE Center
8:30-9:00 AM Lobby Check-in
9:00-9:10 AM Event Room Opening Remarks
9:15-10:55 AM Breakout Rooms Portfolio Reviews
10:55-11:00 AM Break
11:00-11:45 AM Event Room Lunch & Panel Discussion
11:45-12:00 PM Event Room Closing Remarks & Bright Futures Instructions
12:00 PM Portfolio Day Check-out
Download the Schedule of Events
Bright Futures Student Exhibit
Students’ experience will culminate in an art show at the PACE Center from February 15 – March 23, 2023. Reception will be held March 23, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Exhibit Dates: February 15 – March 23
Artwork Delivery: Monday, February 13, 12:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Artwork Pick Up: Thursday, March 23, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Arapahoe Community College
Art Students League of Denver
Colorado Mountain College
Metro State University
Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design
University of Northern Colorado
More will be announced as they become available.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following 2022 Portfolio Day students:
Best of show
2D: Nana Yamauchi, Individuality
3D: Piper Landon, Pumpkin Vase
Photo: Cooper Hartzell, Falling Through
Graphic Design: Celia Van Vaulkenburg, Crown of Horns, Prologue
2D: Ava Lucero, The Assassin
3D: Evelyn Eck, Ephemeral
Photo: Phoenix Miller, The False Simplicity of a Quick Fix
Graphic Design: Shea Davis, You Are My Sunshine
PAG 2022 Scholarship Award
Nana Yamauchi, Individuality
Camille Salsberry, Everything You Touch Turns to Gold
Cooper Hartzell, Falling Through
Grace Clausen, Grasping