In partnership with Douglas County Schools, Parker Arts presents Virtual Portfolio Day.
STUDENT PORTFOLIO REVIEW | Friday, April 9, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Portfolio Day is a professional development opportunity for high school students interested in continuing their educational and professional career in visual arts. At Virtual Portfolio Day, students will have their portfolios reviewed by university art professors, working artists, and peers and will receive personalized constructive critiques on their art work, portfolio presentation, and artist statement – all in a virtual setting.
This year’s Virtual Portfolio Day will include a review by two art professionals and peers; followed by an informative and interactive panel discussion on College Or Not To College.
Students will select one work of art to exhibit in the Bright Future Student Exhibit at the PACE Center Art Gallery available for in-person and online viewing.
Monetary awards will be awarded by the Parker Artist Guild. Scholarships will be awarded by participating colleges and universities.
Please contact Parker Arts Education at 303.805.3374 or via email to learn more.
Participation and Registration
Teachers should submit the school/student participation form by March 12, 2021 indicating participating students’ name, grade, email address and art medium of choice. Participation is extremely limited and only open to invited students with an interest in furthering their art career.
Students will receive an email invitation from Parker Arts to accept and register to a Virtual Portfolio Day Zoom meeting. Students must accept the invitation and register by April 2, 2021. Registration will generate a Zoom meeting link to participate in Virtual Portfolio Day. Students will be pre-assigned to a break out room for their individual review.
Students should plan to:
- participate in a breakout room of their art medium for 90 minutes;
- receive a 15 minute virtual review with two art professionals and their peers;
- participate in their fellow peers’ reviews by utilizing a peer review form and adding to the discussion; and
- attend a panel discussion about your path to success.
8:50-9:00 AM Zoom Portfolio Day Log-in
9:00-9:20 AM Zoom Main Room Opening Remarks
9:20-10:35 AM Zoom Breakout Rooms Portfolio Review
10:35-10:45 AM Break
10:45-11:15 AM Zoom Main Room To College or Not to College Panel
11:15-11:30 AM Zoom Main Room Closing Remarks & Bright Futures Instructions
11:30 PM Zoom Portfolio Day Log-off
Bright Futures Student Exhibit
Students’ experience will culminate in an art show at the PACE Center from April 15 – May 6, 2021 available for viewing in-person and online.
Exhibit Dates: April 15 – May 6
Artwork Delivery: Tuesday, April 13, 12:00 – 5:00 pm
Artwork Pick Up: Friday, May 7, 12:00 – 5:00 pm
Congratulations to the following students:
The Parker Artist Guild awarded $1,000 to Lutheran High School senior Niklas Skirmants for his artwork titled Freddie Gibbs and $1,000 to Douglas County High School senior Bobby Esparza for his artwork titled Hubris. Parker Arts also awarded Douglas County sophomore Savannah Hill the Laura Sierra Honorable Mention and gift card to Guiry’s for her artwork titled Angst.
Please view these and other students artwork as part of the Bright Futures Student Exhibit in-person at the PACE Center or online.
How to Prepare
- Complete the School/Student Participation Form and submit to PACEedu@parkeronline.org by March 12.
- Teachers will be asked to pick up student artwork on Friday, May 7, between 12:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Review the Student Action Items.
- Prepare your virtual portfolio with digital images for screen sharing during your review.
- Participate in peer reviews for each student in your break out room.
- Select artwork that will be included in the Bright Futures Student Exhibit.
- Print and complete label on bottom of Student Action Items and attach to artwork delivered for Bright Futures Student Exhibit.
Arapahoe Community College
Art Students League of Denver
Colorado Mountain College
Metro State University
Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design
University of Northern Colorado