Ready for Mars!
It’s estimated that in the late 2020s we are going to have the first people living on the red planet. What will it take to live there? How are we going to bring more people to the surface? How can we explore a planet with almost no atmosphere? Students will find these answers and more as they learn about natural resources and the process for water filtration, and practice fine motor skills flying drones through a drone obstacle course. Students will end class by taking home their own drones!
- Learn about heat and the best ways to protect against heat.
- Understand what makes something safe for consumption and how we might use natural resources on Mars
- Learn and apply engineering process for water filtration
- Know why drones and rovers are necessary for Mars exploration
- Practice fine motor skills/hand eye coordination flying drones through a drone obstacle course
Supplies Needed: N/A
Date: Saturday, November 13, 2021
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
$60 for Residents
$66 for Non-residents
Saturday, November 13
9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.