Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival
Thank you for participating in Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival!
- Form a group to perform a two to five minute scene from one of William Shakespeare’s works. A group may also be a one to four minute soliloquy performed by one student.
- Sign up for auditions with school coordinator.
- Create costumes.
- Rehearse scene.
- Complete the top portion of the Performance Evaluation Form and Rubric and attach a copy of the script to be performed. Make two copies and present to judge(s) at auditions.
- If your scene or soliloquy is selected by the judge(s), you must bring four copies of the Performance Evaluation Form and Rubric (top portion completed) with you to the festival along with one copy of the script. You will give each of the four judges evaluating your performance an evaluation form. Judges may share one script during your performance.
- If your scene or soliloquy is selected you must also register to participate in the festival by following the link below. All participants must register by February 28. (Click Here to Register)
- 2020 Shakespeare Insults T-Shirts are available for purchase during the registration process for $18. All proceeds go towards supporting the festival.
- Pizza lunch will be provided. If you need to request gluten-free pizza, please email PACEedu@parkeronline.org. Drinks and snacks are available for purchase at PACE Center concessions.
ParticipationPlease refer to the Participation Guidelines to begin coordinating student groups.
Please review the Performance Evaluation Form and Rubric to understand judging criteria.
Costumes may be “period,” similar to those of Shakespeare’s time, or other historical time period, or conceptual, as long as they are cohesive, appropriate and enhance performance. Costumes may be simple and should not be rented or expensive. Creative Interpretations are allowed, i.e. Romeo and Juliet set in the 1950s or Macbeth in Star Wars garb, as long as the concept is consistent, cohesive, and enhances the performance. All student props should fit within a 12 gallon tub (22”x15”x12”).
Costumes and Props
Students should stay onsite for lunch. Registration includes pizza for lunch. Drinks and snacks are available for purchase from PACE Center Concessions throughout the day. (If you would like to request gluten-free pizza, please email PACEedu@parkeronline.org.