Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival
Thank you for participating in the first Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival! You are drama pioneers!
- Form a group to perform a two to five minute scene from one of William Shakespeare’s works. A group may also be a one to three minute soliloquy performed by one student.
- Complete Entry From and submit to PACEedu@parkeronline.org or deliver to PACE Center c/o Shakespeare Festival 20000 Pikes Peak Ave., Parker, CO, 80138 by December 15, 2016.
- Sign up for auditions with school coordinator.
- Create costumes.
- Rehearse scene.
- Complete Evaluation Form and attach script to be performed. Make copies and present to judges at auditions and each of the two performances at the festival. (Three copies total.)
- Submit Souvenir Order Form to school coordinator by March 17, 2017.
Please refer to the Participation Guidelines to begin coordinating student groups.
Please review the Evaluation Form and Rubric to understand judging criteria. Meet the 2017 Shakespeare Festival judges!
Costumes and PropsCostumes may be “period,” similar to those of Shakespeare’s time, or other historical time period, or conceptual, as long as they are cohesive, appropriate and enhance performance. Costumes may be simple and need not be rented or expensive. Creative Interpretations are allowed, i.e. Romeo and Juliet set in the 1950s or Macbeth in Star Wars garb, as long as the concept is consistent, cohesive, and enhances the performance. All student props should fit within a 12 gallon tub (22”x15”x12”).
Students should bring a sack lunch and are encouraged to stay on campus. Snack concession items and drinks will be available for purchase.
Be a Busker
Have you ever wanted to be a street performer? Well, here’s your chance! Parker Arts is auditioning voluntary Buskers to perform at the first annual Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival on May 10, 2017. Buskers will perform at various locations throughout the PACE Center for two 15-minute periods between 9:00 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. during the festival. Students may perform in a Shakespeare Festival group in addition to being a Busker. Busker Auditions will be held on April 6 at 5:00 p.m. at The Schoolhouse, 19650 E. Mainstreet in Parker. Please prepare a 30 second to one minute sample of your talent for the audition and provide a completed Busker Audition Form upon arrival.
Be a Volunteer or Stage Manager
Students may participate in the Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival as an event volunteer or stage manager. All event staff will receive a 2017 Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival T-Shirt and lunch. Please contact Festival Coordinator Carmella Gates at 720.272.5317 or PACEedu@parkeronline.org to inquiry for availability.