Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival
Thank you for participating in Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival!
- Form a group to perform a two to five minute scene from one of William Shakespeare’s works. A group may also be a one to three minute soliloquy performed by one student.
- Sign up for auditions with school coordinator.
- Create costumes.
- Rehearse scene.
- Complete Performance Evaluation Form and Rubric and attach script to be performed. Make copies and present to judges at auditions and each of the two performances at the festival. (Four copies total.)
- Register here by Feb. 28.
- Purchase T-Shirts to defray the cost of the festival during online registration process.
- Purchase Subway lunch during online registration process.
ParticipationPlease refer to the Participation Guidelines to begin coordinating student groups.
Please review the Performance Evaluation Form and Rubric to understand judging criteria.
Costumes may be “period,” similar to those of Shakespeare’s time, or other historical time period, or conceptual, as long as they are cohesive, appropriate and enhance performance. Costumes may be simple and need not be rented or expensive. Creative Interpretations are allowed, i.e. Romeo and Juliet set in the 1950s or Macbeth in Star Wars garb, as long as the concept is consistent, cohesive, and enhances the performance. All student props should fit within a 12 gallon tub (22”x15”x12”).
Costumes and Props
Students should stay on campus for lunch. Students may bring a sack lunch or preorder a Subway sandwich during the online registration process. Snacks, chips, and drinks are available for purchase from PACE Center Concessions.