Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival
Festival Day Schedule of Events
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
By 8:30 a.m.
Arrival and Fanfare in the Event Room
Receive a packet of map and schedule, and proceed to the Event Room to drop off belongings. Schools will be announced and receive fanfare as they exit the Event Room and enter the Theater for the Opening Ceremony.
8:45 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.
Opening Ceremony in the Theater
Welcome and receive overview of Festival day.
9:10 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
Proceed to Performance Areas
Seven performance areas are designated on the map and schedule you received. Please use these materials to determine the time and place of your two performances.
9:20 - 12:20 p.m.
Groups and soliloquies will perform their scene twice on two different performance stages. Each performance will be evaluated by expert judges and tallied for a total score. While not performing, groups are encouraged to view other school performances, attend workshops, and enjoy festival activities.
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
While scores are being tallied, participants may enjoy Buskers or games on the patio, eat lunch, visit friends, etc. If you did not order a Subway lunch online, please bring a sack lunch.
12:45 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Top Performer Announcement
Announcement of top-scoring performers who will perform on the PACE Center main stage via lobby speakers and School Coordinators. Performers must proceed to backstage entry and wait to be greeted by Parker Arts staff.
1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Closing Ceremony: Top Performances and Awards
Six top performer scenes held on the PACE Center main stage: two middle school, two high school, and two soliloquies. A Shakespeare scene performed by DCPA will immediately follow the top performances. The ceremony will conclude with awarding the Bard’s Prize trophies and drawings for an in-school workshop, Parker Arts enrichment scholarship, and various Metro-area theater tickets.
1. Buses may unload and pick up students on PACE Center Drive in front of PACE Center. Buses may park in the PACE Center parking lot.
2. Parking is available in the PACE Center parking lot and adjacent streets for all guests and performers.
3. Arrive at least thirty minutes prior to first scheduled performance. Go directly to the Event Room to leave your belongings in designated area.
4. Students should arrive in costume.
5. Subway sandwiches are available for pre-order during the registration process. Snack concession items will be available at PACE Concessions throughout the day. Students may bring their own sack lunch.
6. Restrooms are located in four locations throughout the PACE Center.
7. First aid is available at PACE Center Box Office.