Parker Arts Shakespeare Festival
Festival Day Schedule of Events
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
By 8:30 a.m.
Arrival and Fanfare
Receive maps and schedule and proceed to the PACE Auditorium. Ambassadors will be available to assist you.
8:45 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.
Welcome and receive overview of Festival day.
9:05 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
Proceed to Performance Areas
Seven performance areas are designated on the map and schedule you received. Please use these materials to determine the time and place of your two performances.
9:20 - 12:15 p.m.
Groups will perform their two to five minute scene twice, each in a different performance area. (Soliloquies: one to two minute monologues). Each performance will be evaluated by expert judges and tallied for a total score. While not performing, groups are encouraged to view other school group performances and Buskers, pick up T-shirts, eat lunch or snack.
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
While scores are being tallied, Participants may enjoy Buskers or games on the patio, eat snacks or lunches, visit friends, etc. If you did not order a lunch from PACE, please bring a sack lunch.
1:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Top Performer Announcement
Announcement of top-scoring performers who will perform on the PACE Center main stage: two middle school groups; two high school groups; and two soliloquies. Please proceed to PACE Auditorium.
1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Closing Ceremony: Top Performances and Awards
Six top performer scenes held on the PACE Center main stage: two middle school, two high school, and two soliloquies. A Shakespeare scene performed by professional actors will immediately follow the top performances. The ceremony will conclude with awarding the Bard’s Prize trophy, an in-school actor workshop, and a Parker Arts enrichment scholarship.
1. Buses may unload and pick up students on PACE Center Drive in front of PACE Center. Buses may park in the PACE Center parking lot.
2. Parking is available in the PACE Center parking lot and adjacent streets for all guests and performers.
3. Arrive at least thirty minutes prior to first scheduled performance. Go directly to stage to check in. Parker Arts Ambassadors are available to direct you.
4. Only small concession items and refreshments will be available at the PACE Center. Students must provide their own sack lunch.
5. Restrooms are located in four locations throughout the PACE Center.
6. First aid is available at PACE Center Box Office.
7. Be prepared for inclement weather; as one performance stage is located outside.