Town of Parker Honey Festival
Sunday, August 6
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at O’Brien Park 10795 Victorian Drive
Bee a Guest
- See hives and how bees make honey
- Learn from local bee keepers
- Learn how bees and other insects help your garden grow
- Create honeybee crafts
- Try on a beekeeper’s suit
- Sample honey
- Enter a drawing to win bee-friendly plants
- Enter a drawing to win a beekeeping starter kit
- Take home oodles of beekeeping materials to build your own hive and harvest honey like a pro!
Gazebo Bee Talks
- 10am - 10:15am - Beekeeping: How To Get Involved
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. - Beekeeping Equipment: What You Need
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:15 p.m. - The Importance of Pollinators
- The winner of the Beekeeping Starter Kit provided by Murdoch's will be announced from the gazebo at 11:30 a.m. Must be present to win.
2017 Bee-Friendly Exhibitors
- 2BeeKPers, LLC
- AA Honey
- All Things New Health and Wellness
- Colorado Native Plant Society
- Frangiosa Farms
- Happy Busy Bees (Bee Swarm Rescue)
- High Line Homemade
- Lakeview Fotos
- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
- Project Pollinators
- Seeds to Savor Farms
- Southeast Beekeeping Club
- Sweet Bee Sisters
- The Bees Waggle
- The Butterfly Pavilion
- The Hudson Gardens and Event Center
- The Town of Parker Cultural and Scientific Commission
Honey Vendors and Local Beekeepers
Your organization or business can participate in the Town’s annual Honey Festival. We are looking for event vendors to provide information, products and services. Vendors include, but are not limited to, bee keeping clubs and organizations, environmental and gardening resources, bee keeping and harvesting products, honey products, bee keeping demonstrations and hands on activities, and various supporting agencies.
If you are interested in being part of the Honey Festival as an exhibitor or vendor, please contact Parker Arts Education Department at 303.805.3374 or PACEedu@parkeronline.org. Please submit a completed exhibitor form to PACEedu@parkeronline.org by July 14, 2017.
CLICK HERE for the Vendor & Exhibitor Form!
About the Annual Honey Festival
The Parker Cultural Department and Cultural and Scientific Commission present this annual Honey Festival in celebration of the Honey Bee and all the benefits it brings to the community. The event is designed to heighten awareness and appreciation while providing educational information and resources regarding the Honey Bee, honey products and bee keeping, and the global importance of all pollinating insects. This free event allows guests of all ages to speak with local bee keepers, organizations and vendors to learn the process of bee keeping and harvesting honey; in addition to receiving educational material and honey recipes, purchasing bee-friendly plants, test a bee keeper’s suite, and see live working hives.
Parker Loves Bees!
Parker joined the ranks of Colorado municipalities to allow and promote urban beekeeping with the adoption of a new Town ordinance on Oct. 11, 2015. Click here to learn more about the Town of Parker beekeeping ordinance.